Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Next Large California Quake

Many are familiar with the California quake of 1906, but few realize that earthquakes are very cyclic. They are driven by solar activity cycles. The problem with earthquake predicition is that the solar cycles have multiple, overlaid cycles.

The best way to imagine the sun's cycles is to imagine a roller coaster riding in a roller coaster, which is riding in roller coaster. When all the coasters simultaneously go downhill, or up hill, the effects are all exaggerated.

Two of the sun's cycles are bottoming out simultaneously. This increases the risk for a repeat of the 1906 quake in the near future.

Here I will lay out the science and why I believe we are on the verge of a another major earthquake in California. I cannot be exact of the date, but I believe I know the triggers to watch for.

This quake could occur as early as April 2010 or as far out as April 2021.



The best educated guess would be the months of April to October starting this year and extending 4-5 years. The next window would be April to October 2021 and extending 4-5 years.

After finding my correlations and seeing Haiti, I could not sit mute and just watch it happen.

I would suggest that all Californians prepare for a large quake, greater than 7.0 magnitude in the near future.